Coaching and Support
We provide specialist project managers to clients who have a one-off requirement to manage a project outside their normal business.
Alternatively, we facilitate key events in projects such as Start up, Kick-off meetings or Planning/Risk Workshops etc. and maintain regular contact with the project management teams to plan and review progress.
We have noted that as people move up the project management ladder and, in particular when they manage a mega-project, they may be approaching a new type of complex project for the first time. Arcus also supports and coaches project managers and directors in this context.
Project teams need to interact not only with senior management of their own organisations, but also those leading their consortium partners and clients. We believe that new skills are required which are not necessarily learned through previous experience. We coach people in these skills, which include:
- Forming and exploiting alliances
- Managing complexity created by:
- The clients’ business or organisational changes
- Difficulties in decision making within organisations
- The diverse objectives of suppliers, partners or individuals in these organisations
- Understanding the politics and “power map” of organisations
- Ethical behaviour