Arcus has worked with a number of organisations to successfully improve project management.
Our first step is always to understand the culture of our client and their requirements before creating a bespoke solution. Arcus will typically want to ensure that:
- Business benefits are carefully defined and then drive project decisions;
- There is role clarity and buy-in, which is essential - key roles include the Steering Committee/Sponsor, Project Manager (PM) and Users;
- Single point accountability is defined for all aspects of the project, including communication with all stakeholders and the management of all necessary permissions and approvals;
- There is a disciplined and consistent approach, YET it is both flexible and non-bureaucratic enough to cover both large and small projects;
- The PM is competent and drives the project management process from start to end;
- There is front end focus which maximises the chance of success;
- The simplest tools appropriate to the project are used;
- There is empowerment and team-working - people make projects work; and,
- Communication is simple and clear.